Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mia the Chihuahua

Hi, I'm Kaitlin and will be mostly talking about my pup, Mia, on this blog. I am a college student majoring in psychology and minoring in Spanish. I will graduate in December 2009 and then I will be off to graduate school. I hope to eventually do some kind of therapy (possibly animal assisted therapy) in the future.

Mia is a spunky, little 3 year old red sable long haired Chihuahua. I adopted her on June 30, 2006 when she was 10 weeks old. Her favorite activities include sleeping, eating, playing with her best buddies Emma and Kiba, going on walks and to the beach, and AGILITY! We have been doing agility for almost a year now. We started on June 14, 2008. She absolutely loves it! Mia has some problems with her reactivness and is very afraid of most other dogs so it took her a while to warm up to the classroom setting. The first several months she barked a lot and was very, very nervous with the other dogs around. In the past few months she has blossomed and I am thrilled with the progress we have made.


This summer we are planning to work on her reactiveness with our trainer with the goal of her eventually passing the CGC test and getting her therapy dog certification.


That's all for now. I'll post a few my favorite puppy pictures of her!

Mia on her way home for the first time (11 weeks).

Precious Mia (3 1/2 months old)

Mia's first bath (11 weeks old).

No comments:

Post a Comment